Instructions on inserting polls into your sidebar.
- First, make sure you have a Polldaddy account (you can set it up through WordPress, just go to SETTINGS, then Polls [another way to get there: Polls] and it walks you through it).
- Next, create a poll with a reasonable question and some good answers. Pick your settings for it, and then go to the bottom of the page. There you can choose your poll’s appearance (skins and what-not).
- Once you’ve decided on the skin, make sure you pick “Narrow” for the size (there are three options located right below the visual selections).
- Now, right under the box that has the name of your poll (still on the same page) there’s grey text that reads “WordPress Shortcode” and next to it, there will be a short code in brackets. Copy all of it starting with the left bracket and ending with right.
- Next go to “Appearance” select “widgets” and pick the “Text.”
- Drag and drop the text box in the Sidebar menu to your desired position, and paste the shortcode into the text area (not the title area).
And with that, you should have a poll on your WordPress.