Today in class we are looking at blogs that have a certain theme. I decided to choose “creative nonfiction” as my theme of choice. We are looking at blogs to get a sense of the genre by noticing the following:
- frequency of posts
- overall design: use of colors, fonts, and images
- use of navigation
- formality of style
- any other features that stand out to you.
How do we define the genre of a “blog”?
Save these addresses.
Here are the three blogs that I’m looking at:
- http://brevity.wordpress.com/ – Brevity Magazine for short creative nonfiction
- http://www.creativenonfiction.org/ – Creative Nonfiction Magazine – literary nonfiction magazine.
- http://www.leegutkind.com/blogs/ – famous writer and editor in the creative nonfiction arena. He created Creative Nonfiction Magazine and is a distinguished writer in residence at Arizona State University.